Environmental Protection Policy
Environmental Protection is a top priority for YMN Tankers. YMN Tanker Deniz İşetmeciliği A.S. and its Senior Management are fully committed to a ZERO TOLERANCE (Zero Spill/Pollution) and minimising the environmental impact of operations policy ensuring that the waters on which its ships operate are protected from pollution and continuously strive to identify and correct any conditions perceived to be unsafe and hazardous to the environment.
YMN Tanker Deniz İşetmeciliği A.S. is committed to conducting its business with integrity and in accordance with international, national and local laws and other requirements to which its business activities are subject.
Pollution of the environment by a ship can be caused in a number of ways and may be the result of system failure or human failings. YMN Tanker Deniz İşetmeciliği A.S. is committed to preventing both sources of error through a planned maintenance program and a program of education and training of staff, and through implementation of a set of procedures in accordance with its Safety Management System.
The objective of the Company is to prevent pollution of the environment from the following sources related to the aspects of its operations:
Oil ( Annex I)
Noxious Liquid Substances ( Annex II )
Oil Emissions (stern tube luboil, bilge, sludge)
Cargo Vapour, VOC
Greenhouse Gases - Halons and CFCs
Funnel Emissions (CO2, NOX, SOX, particular matter)
Effluent discharges (IGS discharge, grey water)
Noise, including Underwater disturbance
YMN Tanker Deniz İşetmeciliği A.S shall achieve this objective by;
Implementing a robust planned maintenance program,
Continuous training and practicing of staff
Following the procedures set down in this Safety Management System
Adhering to the principles and procedures outlined in the Environmental Management Plan.
• Responds quickly and effectively to environmental incidents resulting from its operations, in co-operation with industry organizations and authorized government agencies.
• Undertakes appropriate reviews and evaluations of its operations to measure progress and to foster compliance with this Policy.
• Conducts and supports research to improve understanding of the impact of its business on the environment, to improve methods of environmental protection and to enhance its capability to make operations compatible with the environment.
• Manages its business with the goal of preventing environmental incidents and of controlling emissions and wastes to below harmful levels.
• Shares its experience with others to facilitate improvements in industry performance.
• Protection of the environment is also the personal and legislated responsibility of each individual employee. The company commits to put all available resources at the disposal of its personnel to ensure that they are in a position to fulfil that responsibility, and expects all personnel to make environmental protection their own top priority.
This Policy has the full support of Top Management and applies to all employees of the Company.